Friday, April 26, 2013

Day HB 9: ANZAC DAY

Lest we forget

98 years ago New Zealand joined the World War 1 campaign and it is on the 25th of April each year we remember them.  I have been to the dawn services since I was a young girl and it something I have ingrained in my children since they were littlies.  For me it becomes more important each year as the old soldiers lessen, and for those that are left and reap the benefits of sacrifices made by those lost to war to remember them and honor those that paid the ultimate price.

It is a day of reflection, of pride in what our very young country took on, and a day to be with family and good friends.  It makes me so proud to see how many continue to make the early morning effort and pay their respects at a dawn service ... Kia kaha New Zealand.

If you want any resources for adults or children I have heaps on my Pinterest board Lest We Forget.  Nothing creative as for us today is a time for reflecting and gratitude, enjoy your day :)

No comments: