Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BAD JELLY THE WITCH

I am a firm believer in knowing the story before you take children to an artistic performance of something, whether it is the ballet, opera, a play, or any other art strand.  So today the children watched Bad Jelly the Witch, which I had ordered from the Library.  Unfortunately all the Bad Jelly books were issued so we had to settle for the DVD.  No matter, a lesson in better planning for me :) Anyway, this morning the kids watched the movie of the story and then set to writing about what they had just viewed.  It turned out well, I decided I wanted them to write about the story straight after they had finished watching it so the story would be reinforced into their memory banks!  Here's hoping anyway!  All this preparation is of course for a reason ... on the last day of term (next Friday) we are going to The Pumphouse in Takapuna to see the play Bad Jelly the Witch and so they can get as much out of it as possible I thought some prep work was in order!

No comments: